Here at Prezzo, we celebrate the joy of Italian dining; this starts in the kitchen and ends with the service. Every customer should leave wanting to return.
That’s why we’re looking for a driven and passionate Sous Chef to join us at Prezzo to help us continue offering our best possible dining experience.
We are looking for a new Sous Chef to join our Prezzo Family who has real leadership, ability to drive your team’s performance and ensure your kitchen is consistent in everything it does.
As a Prezzo Sous Chef you will:
- Have a keen interest to prep and cook great quality Italian cuisine.
- Lead your kitchen, often taking the lead with all processes including health and safety, stock management, ordering and staff development.
- Work closely with our Head Chef.
- Show #DriveToSucceed (this is one of our core Prezzo values!)
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a desire to grow your skills and career to become a future Prezzo Head Chef!
- Be financially accountable and meet company GP expectations.
- Play a crucial role in helping us achieve our mission of becoming the UK’s favourite Italian dining experience.
- Ensure every customer leaves happy, wanting to return.
Our ‘Deal’; What’s in it for you?
- 50% off Food and Drink at Prezzo, for you and 11 or your family/friends
- Free Meal on shift
- 5 Family and Friends get 25% off Food & Drink
- Access to Apprenticeships
- Wagestream – access to your wages early
- Employee Assistance Programme + GP Appointment Helpline
- Eye Test
- Voluntary Bupa Dental Cover
- Voluntary UNUM Critical Illness Cover
- Voluntary Simply Health Cash Plan
- ISA Investment plans with Cushon
- Free Mortgage Advice with Charles Cameron
- More People Like You Recruitment Incentive Scheme
- Prezzo Service Anniversaries
Where is the restaurant?
Located on the High Street with its excellent seasonal markets, within easy reach of local shops and bars and only 3 minutes’ walk from the rail station. The interior is light and modern with a cosy feel. Housed in a former bank, Prezzo East Grinstead has an impressive stone-clad facade, with lovely arched windows.
One Team… working together, with a common purpose, to achieve our goals.
Genuine Connection… building genuine relationships, where nothing is too much trouble.
Drive to Succeed… being bold enough to do the right thing, even when it’s hard, to help improve and grow.
Pride… making memorable moments by caring about everything we do, so everyone leaves wanting to return.
We’re proud to be an award-winning hospitality employer, having been awarded:
- ‘Excellence in HR Technology’ at the HR in Hospitality Awards
- ‘Best use of Benefits Technology’ at the Employee Benefits Awards
- ‘Fair Employment’ at the Youth Friendly Employer Awards
- ‘Environmental Best Practice’ at the International Green Apple Awards
- ‘Best Pizza Restaurant – Chain’ at the PAPA Industry Awards
We have also been nominated for:
- ‘Best Mental Health Strategy’ at the Employee Benefits Awards
- ‘Recycling excellence’ and ‘Partnership excellence’ at the National Recycling Forum
We also have a big focus on mental health and wellbeing, and we’re proud to have been accredited with the Foundation Level ‘London Health Workplace Award’.
At Prezzo we want to create a genuinely inclusive workplace, where we embrace the differences of all our colleagues and celebrate diversity. We love to see applications from under-represented groups and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. Prezzo joined the Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA) in 2011.
Location: Prezzo East Grinstead
Salary: £12.22 – £12.83 per hour plus tronc