In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Telehandler to join our team within Vistry Devon South West, at our site in Northam, Devon. As our Telehandler you will be responsible for unloading, storing, securing and distributing materials using a forklift truck. Assist the site team in ensuring that site safety and security requirements are adhered to, while ensuring that all actions comply with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policy.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Trained Plant Operator CPCS Card – Telescopic Handler – All sizes Exec 360 Slew – Category A17 Endorsement C
- Be able to demonstrate genuine interest in working in the construction industry
- Resourceful and capable of using own initiative
- Excellent time keeping and attendance record
- Able to work effectively and safely under pressure
- Customer focused
- Able to multitask
- A commitment to work as required to meet the needs of the business
- A willingness to attend site out of hours to deal with emergency situations
- Able to travel to different sites on a regular basis
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Materials Controller/Forklift Operator or trades person
More about the Telehandler role…
- Assist in site safety by ensuring that the site is operating in accordance with health and safety requirements. Report and breaches immediately, and action if appropriate.
- Inspect forklift truck daily/weekly as required, ensuring that the appropriate records are complete, and the Site Manager is informed of any defects.
- Erect and maintain site safety signage.
- Monitor traffic and pedestrian segregation and report deficiencies.
- Secure any hazards each evening prior to leaving site.
- Provide basic first aid if required, providing the appropriate training has been received.
- Minimise and loss or damage to materials. Report and damage or loss immediately to the Site Manager.
- Check and receive material deliveries in accordance with material strategies and the site requirements.
- Ensure that materials are protected in accordance with the site material storage strategy.
- Maintain site presentation including tidiness and organisation of storage areas, clearing general debris and ensure compliance with the housekeeping policy.
- Distribute tipping skips to working areas and collect when full.
- Ensure building areas, dwellings and boundary areas are secure and report any issues to the Site Manager.
- Open and close the site each day.
- Providing the relevant training has been received, provide cover for the Site Manager, prioritising this over all other work to ensure that health, safety and environmental requirements are adhered to and compliance is achieved.
- Ensure material segregation in accordance with the site waste management plan.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Heron Road,Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LL