We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits. Benefits include:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements, including agile working
- Generous annual leave entitlement and flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
As a Public Sector organisation, we are all about providing continuity and stability for both our employees and residents, especially in these challenging times when it is needed most.
About the role
Do you have the passion and commitment to manage, develop and motivate a team, to achieve the best possible outcomes for children? Then now is the perfect time to join Cambridgeshire County Council Family Safeguarding Team as a Team Manager.
In February 2020, we launched our Family Safeguarding model. After almost a year with this new style of working, our Districts have already seen many great benefits. These include:
- A reduction in caseloads.
- An opportunity to work positively alongside Adult Practitioners sharing knowledge and resources to produce better outcomes for families.
- A reduction in the number of Children in Care.
- A reduction in Child Protection Plans.
- A productive case contribution from specialist workers (including victim, perpetrator, alcohol and substance misuse specialists).
- Joint monthly discussions with all those working directly with families.
- An opportunity to undertake Motivational Interview Training.
Please access the attached document to read more about this exciting development.
To be successful in this role you will have strong leadership skills and will have relevant experience working in Social Care. You will be familiar with child protection systems and processes, court work and working with children who are looked after. You should also have knowledge of statutory requirements and local procedures.
You will be able to demonstrate that they can think creatively in delivering targeted support, will have a significant level of knowledge and experience in children’s social care, understanding thresholds and will have proven experience in managing a team of social work staff. This role will include work allocation, performance monitoring, dealing with staffing issues and the training and development of the Team.
We pride ourselves on providing Social Workers with a friendly, safe and supportive environment to work in.
This role will be based at our newly refurbished offices based in CPDC Trumpington. Trumpington is an easily accessible location with great transport links, is close to local amenities and comes with the benefit of free parking.
If this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, apply today to join our dynamic and dedicated team. For an informal discussion about the role, you can get in touch with us today by calling Christa Farwell on 07776493083 or emailing email@example.com.
Applications are reviewed on a daily basis, please do not delay the submission of your application as this is a rolling advert and will be closed once a successful candidate has been found.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We’re looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description & Person Specification.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.