Cygnet is looking for a Day Support Worker to join our team working at The Squirrels.
Whether you are looking for your first step into a career in care, or you have previous experience, we welcome your application, providing you have a real passion for supporting individuals to achieve the best outcome and quality of life for them.
Welcome to The Squirrels, a space of care and empowerment designed exclusively for adults with autism and learning disabilities. We understand that at times you may experience behaviours that challenge, however, our commitment is unwavering: to cultivate an environment that is safe, comfortable, and greatly effective in promoting both independence and positive community integration.
We also offer a £500 welcome bonus!
A Glimpse Inside:
Step into the world of team Squirrels, where 9 bedrooms grace our residence, each adorned with en-suite shower rooms. Three are situated on the ground floor, while six more are on the first floor. Our space is abundant, both within the walls of our home and the sprawling garden outside. The outside space is somewhere that our residents thrive. Communal living areas provide a warm homely space, including a spacious lounge, inviting dining room, even a cinema room, and the dynamic activity area known as The Hub. We’ve also crafted a sensory haven. Our vast garden invites individuals to partake in sports, activities, or simply soak in the serenity.
Embrace Village Life:
Nestled in the picturesque village of Chilworth, we’re just a short jaunt from Southampton’s vibrant community facilities. Chilworth boasts woodland walks, serene parks, and all the amenities you’d expect in a charming village.
Pay rate –
Starter – £11.12 per hour
After 6 months £11.45 per hour
After 18 months £11.88 per hour
What Cygnet Offer:
- Free meal when on shift.
- Free DBS.
- NHS Blue Light Discount Card, Reward Gateway®
- Fully Paid Training and Induction, 21 Days Paid Annual Leave, Paid breaks.
- Contributory pension scheme
What you will need:
- Positive Attitude and Caring Approach
- Strong Communication Skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- minimum of 6 months uk experience in a care role.
About the Role:
Working from 07:45 am till 7.45 pm 7 days in every 14.
Working two weekends a month
42 Hours Per Week (Full Time) so breaks are paid
- Supporting residents in their day to day activities and interests, which will include regularly accessing the local community
- Support residents with basic personal needs, including cooking and cleaning
- Monitoring and checking residents during your shift
- Updating and recording resident records to help monitor health and well-being
Who We Care For:
- Adults from the age of 18 years and beyond.
- Individuals diagnosed with autism and/or learning disabilities.
- Those who may present challenging behaviours.
- Residents with communication challenges and complex needs.
- Those with an ECHP (Education Healthcare Plan) or under DoLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards) or Care Orders.
- Bedrooms adorned with en-suite shower and toilet facilities.
- Two communal bathrooms for shared comfort.
- A welcoming, spacious lounge.
- A multi-sensory room that sparks the senses.
- Spaces for recreational activities and creative expression.
- A sprawling garden with inviting outdoor seating.
- The Hub, a vibrant centre housing a cinema room and an engaging activity room.
In close proximity, local shops, country parks, enchanting woodland walks, and beaches. The QE2 Activity Centre offers enriching experiences, specially tailored for those with autism, learning disabilities, and sensory impairments.
Join us at The Squirrels, where every day is an opportunity to craft stories of growth, empowerment, and fulfilment. We invite you to be a part of this extraordinary journey. Apply now and help us create brighter tomorrows for
Job Reference: CYG33657