We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses (45p per mile, and for the 2022/2023 financial year an additional fuel allowance for those driving over 300 business miles each month)
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.
About the role
We are looking for a Social Worker with experience of undertaking Special Guardian and Connected Person’s Assessments, Fostering Form F Assessments and Private Fostering Assessments. However, if you have good assessment skills and a desire to learn, we can support you to achieve this.
The post sits within our Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Fostering Recruitment and Assessment Teams. While the role is based in Huntingdon, you can access many of our corporate buildings across Cambridgeshire to work, hold and attend meetings.
The support we offer our Children’s Social Workers comes in many forms. Whether it’s providing flexibility to those going through difficult personal circumstances, encouraging those that want to take the next step in their career, or even helping social workers with a background in Adult’s Social Work transition to the Children’s Service. We value our Social Workers and are happy to provide the support they need to excel in their career.
Interviews for this role are planned for the 16th of December.
If you wish to discuss these posts, please contact Jenni Woodcock, Team Manager or Anita Hewson, Service Manager on the details below.
- Jenni.firstname.lastname@example.org 07721214215
- Anita.email@example.com 07825 907 406
Apply or get in touch with us today by calling Beth on 01223 475920. Alternatively, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for more information.
We know that your time is precious, so our interviews can be held virtually, by Microsoft Teams, to provide the most flexible recruitment process. We may include a virtual assessment as part of this, but we’ll give you all of the relevant information ahead of time.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We’re looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
- Have excellent assessment and critical analysis skills
- Have court experience
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description & Person Specification.
We want to hear from you about how you want to work that would help to bring your best self to Cambridgeshire. Prefer to work 37 hours over 4 days? Want to work 25 hours? Looking for a role where you can be flexible around commitments outside of work? Get in touch today and let’s have a chat about the right working pattern for you!
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.