Join us as a Site Services Operative and you’ll be joining a friendly and welcoming team. As well as a rewarding feeling of accomplishment and teamwork, we have a whole range of perks that you can take advantage of!
- Competitive pay
- 4.2 weeks annual leave, pro-rated, increasing with service, plus bank holidays
- Colleague discount, up to 50% off our own-produced products
- Paid breaks
- Free hot drinks while on a shift break
- Profit share: We want everyone to share in the success of the business, so we distribute 10% of our profits to all our employees who have at least 6-month service, or more, each year
- Share save schemes that let you buy discounted Greggs shares, by saving a set amount of money over a fixed time, to have an even bigger share of our profits
- Career progression and learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme; A free, confidential helpline, offering advice and support with financial, relationship, work-related and wellbeing issues, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Including a mobile app providing a range of wellness content on physical, mental, social, and financial wellbeing.
- Perks and savings, such as digital gift card discounts, online cashback, in-store and online coupons and lifestyle offers.
- A company who cares about our communities; the environment and being a better business! Click here to read about The Greggs Pledge
- Colleague Networks – internal groups where colleagues and their allies can share their own experiences, offer feedback on the way we do things at Greggs, and provide support to one another
As a Site Services Operative, you’ll play a key role in the daily running and maintenance of our manufacturing and distribution centres. You’ll support the day-to-day hygiene operations of your site making sure that our colleagues are working in the safest and most hygienic environments as well as ensuring that our loyal customers are receiving the highest quality of products.
What you’ll do
Your role involves working with a great team in a fast-paced, high-performance environment, using a variety of equipment and chemicals across a range of tasks. You’ll work effectively and safely in line with food safety, health and safety, and hygiene processes. As a Site Services Operative your role will be varied, and no day will be the same. You’ll support across a range of site hygiene operations including; maintaining of laundry, waste disposal, recycling, traywash, maintaining high level canteen and external site facilities. You will also be expected to work in a chilled environment.
Working in a food production environment means that sometimes you’ll be exposed to flour and dust.
We’ll provide you with the great training and support you need to see your career rise.
You’re happy in a role that involves a lot of cleaning and have ideally had exposure to working in a food hygiene environment
You’re experienced in following processes and procedures and working in a fast-paced environment where timescales and targets are important
You’re comfortable with standing for long periods of time, lifting and carrying, as well as other tasks such as cleaning
Once trained, you’ll be able to keep up with the pace of work
You’ve had some exposure to using SAP systems (desirable)
Here at Greggs, we love what we do, and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We’re hard-working, but above all else we’re family; and it doesn’t matter who you are, where you’re from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views. We’ll make sure you have the skills and knowledge you need to have a great career with us.