We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
Full time – Part time will be considered (minimum 3 days per week)
We are looking to employ an enthusiastic, skilled and self-motivated clinician with a professional background (such as clinical or educational psychology, learning disability or mental health nursing, social work, special needs teaching, speech and language therapy, systemic psychotherapy, occupational therapy) to work within a multi-disciplinary team. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop their skills in working directly with young people with complex needs, their families, carers and professional networks. The work will predominantly be around developing a shared understanding across the family and professional network of behaviour that challenges, how best to meet the needs of the young person and their family, and develop a consistent approach to developing skills and quality of life.
The vacancy arises within a local authority clinical team in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, delivering an intensive support service to young people with learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge. We use Positive Behaviour Support as an over-arching framework to deliver a range of evidence-based interventions that encourage a holistic and person-centred approach. We are committed to embedding the values of Positive Behaviour Support in all aspects of our work, and delivering a highly effective systemic clinical service across home, school, respite and community settings.
The post holder will:
- Provide clinical expertise within a Positive Behaviour Support Framework to improve outcomes for young people with learning disabilities and / or autism who are at risk of exclusion as a result of behaviour that challenges.
- Provide leadership and support within the PBS team for complex case management (multiple clinical needs, challenging system dynamics)
- Provide assessment and deliver therapeutic interventions to children and young people with learning disability and behaviour that challenges, their families, carers, and professional networks.
- Provide consultation and clinical expertise to social work colleagues, health and education professionals and others.
- Contribute to developing expertise in PBS and systemic practice within the team and to provide clinical supervision to PBS team members
- A current driving licence and access to a vehicle for work is essential. Evidence that the vehicle is insured for business use is also required.
The post will include a hydroid model of working.
When applying for this role please provide a written statement alongside your CV to demonstrate how your skills and experience match the person specification criteria. Please ensure that your statement and CV are loaded as one document as the system will not upload two documents
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.