We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a therapeutically led Clinical Team based in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough working with Children in Care.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don’t wait for the closing date to apply. Candidates will be progressed shortly after they apply, and the opportunity will be filled as soon as we identify a suitable candidate, which may be before the closing date. So please don’t hesitate to apply. If your application is successful interviews will take place virtually, over Microsoft Teams.
We are looking for two Senior Specialist Clinicians that have grounding in CAMHS, Psychology or Psychotherapy clinical experience in the context of Children and Young People who are in care.
• The purpose of the service is to support children who are at risk or are known to be at risk of placement or educational breakdown as well as for those whose level of functioning and relating to children and families severely impacted by the traumatic experiences that they have had.
• The overall aim of the Clinical Service is to provide therapeutic support to improve the emotional health and wellbeing of children in care and those that may be edging into as well as their parents/carers and staff and to enable them to thrive. Support will utilise and build upon the assets and strengths of the child, family and the community that surrounds them.
• You will be part of our wider non-medical Clinical Service which is a multi-disciplinary team where you will access supervision and support. All risk management functions are held by the supervising social workers in their role as corporate parents. The Clinical Team shares risk for any clinical recommendations that it makes supported by the Assistant Director of Safeguarding and Quality Assurance.
If the above describes you and your passion, then this is the job and the Team for you; do not lose out on this opportunity! If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the website, please call the Helpdesk on 0300 126 7777.
Please contact Vanessa Kinsey-Thatcher on for an informal conversation about any of the roles.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.