We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses (45p per mile, and for the 2022/2023 financial year an additional fuel allowance for those driving over 300 business miles each month)
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.
About the role
Do you enjoy making a difference to your local community? Are you curious and you spot things that others might not, see? Do you enjoy building relationships? Do you like to explore possibilities?
If the answer is yes, then this is an opportunity for you. We’ve changed the way that we structure our Adult Social Care teams in Cambridgeshire and have an opportunity for you to join our Adults City and South Community Team as a Senior Social Worker.
We’ve embracing new ways of working so our social work teams can work where they need to and have the chance to be part of a collaborative team environment with strong working relationships with health professionals and partners to achieve better outcomes for the adults we support. We are looking for someone who is brave in their approach, with a passion for empowering and enabling people and families and who can inspire others to promote and develop independence. We’ll give you the scope to take your own decisions based on your professional judgement and provide ongoing support and challenge to encourage your development. We are a supportive service, we are passionate about development, we embrace flexible working, and facilitate opportunities for our workforce to showcase their strengths and thrive.
We’ve changed a lot but one thing’s for sure, we still love Social Workers. Join us and be part of an authority that has accepted the challenge to constantly improve.
We are looking for exceptional Social Workers to join us on our journey. Get in touch with us today by calling Nathalie on 01223 699263. Alternatively, you can email us on email@example.com or visit our website for more information.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don’t wait for the closing date to apply, we want to speak to you now!
We know that your time is precious, so our interviews are generally held virtually, by Microsoft Teams, to provide the most flexible recruitment process. We may include a virtual assessment as part of this, but we’ll give you all of the relevant information ahead of time.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
You will be passionate about being a Social Worker, a great leader and someone who is keen to share your knowledge and experience with others. As such you will be a SWE registered Social Worker with a minimum of 2 years’ experience and preferably a Practice Educator or working towards this. You will have a high level of interpersonal skills, undertaking multi-agency work with partner organisations, providers, individuals, families and carers.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description and Person Specification.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.