We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
To have responsibility for the delivery and transformation of Public Health commissioning of prevention and health improvement services to ensure that they make the maximum contribution to improving Public Health Outcomes. The post will also provide support to other commissioning activities undertaken by the Public Health Directorate when appropriate.
This will include working strategically and operationally with internal and external stakeholders across Cambridgeshire County Council, Peterborough City Council, Integrated Care System, District Council and third sector. It will also involve engaging with local communities and service users as well as leading on defined commissioning activity.
This role also has responsibility for the following
Commissioning and delivery of:
- high-quality commissioned services [internal and external]
- integrated system-based approaches in meeting need across both councils.
Financial resources to ensure
- resources and any associated budgets deliver project /service and business planning objectives to ensure value for money
- savings targets identified during the budget setting process are met.
This role will have accountability for ensuring that robust commissioning and procurement frameworks are in place to fulfil service transformation objectives, resource needs and identify any current and future gaps/shortfalls. This includes associated governance and reporting requirements.
Interviews for this post will be expected to be around 20th and 21st December 2022
For more information or to chat about this opportunity please contact :
Val Thomas, Deputy Director of Public Health, Tel. 07884 183374
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.