Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Operative to join our fantastic team based at our Washwood Heath Tarmac site in Birmingham. The site is easily accessible via most major road networks, based in the heart of the Midlands on the outskirts of Birmingham and without entering the new ‘Green Zone’. The plant is easily commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Walsall, Redditch, Wolverhampton, Nuneaton, Dudley, Sutton Coldfield, Bromsgrove, Tamworth and surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to Plant Supervisor. The Multi Skilled Operative will work on the day-to-day operations driving mobile plant and other site duties, you will work with the team to the site plan, you will ensure that stocks are maintained and replenished in good time.
Your responsibilities as the Multi Skilled Operative will include (not exhaustive):
- Operating Mobile Plant on site
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily/weekly production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Inspections on the plant and acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
- Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an operative or labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
The role of Multi Skilled Operative is a Shift role so you will be required to work a set shift pattern of 4 on / 4 off, to include days and nights, overtime is available to meet with our site’s needs
To succeed in the role of a Multi Skilled Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Knowledge of Plant
- Shovel License – highly desirable
- Good Timekeeping – flexible as to the site requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IT Literate
Previous experience working in a Plant / Quarry / Asphalt / Cement manufacturing environment would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate.
Salary: Competitive + Shift Allowance + OT + Benefits + Bonus
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/47943/3421