We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
Due to the success of the Housing First project, an exciting opportunity has arisen to work within this exceptional team and with local partners in delivering the Housing First Project across Cambridgeshire.
The Project employs the Housing First approach, which is an internationally recognised model of successfully engaging and supporting individuals with multiple complex needs, who have a history of repeat homelessness/rough sleeping and supporting them to access and sustain their own tenancies and live independently.
The successful applicants will be working with individuals who have been unable to successfully navigate the traditional homeless housing pathway, who will have complex needs, around mental, physical health, trauma, substance misuse, challenging behaviours, domestic abuse, and face multiple barriers to accessing treatment and services.
Working in line with the Housing First England principles, you will be responsible for coordinating and providing a flexible trauma informed, assertive engagement and positive risk-taking approach. Housing First provision relies on staff being committed to the ethos, applying a proactive ‘can do, will do’ approach, that focuses on the long-term goal of supporting people to access and sustain tenancies and maximising connectivity with their local community.
You will be working in a street outreach and tenancy sustainment capacity to enable clients to focus on their strengths and access the services and interventions they need to build resilience, gain confidence, reduce harm and acquire the personal and social skills they need to move from the streets into accommodation and achieve their goals and aspirations.
The post holder will:
• Have experience of front line working with adults who can have challenging behaviours and/or associated mental health illness, physical health problems, substance abuse issues, victims of domestic abuse, trauma, and who can be hard to engage.
• Have substantial experience of front line working with those experiencing Homelessness, and Rough Sleeping, along with knowledge and understanding of the issues facing those experiencing Homelessness/ Rough Sleeping and the impact this has.
• Be willing to work flexibly across Cambridgeshire as required.
• Take part in an out of hours on – call phone support service (for which a premium in addition to salary is paid)
Additionally, the successful candidate will play a key role working with colleagues and most importantly those the project supports in shaping the future of the service.
We are interested to hear from applicants who can speak Russian, Lithuanian, Latvian or Polish.
The post is Full Time, 37 hours per week based in Wisbech working flexibly across the Fenland and Hunts area, who`s role it will be to work with the Housing First Team Leader in delivering and developing the Housing First Project. We would also be keen to hear from those interested in working part time, based in Fenland or Hunts, hours negotiable. We have Projects across Cambridgeshire, and all post holders will be expected to be flexible and work across the County to cover colleagues as and when required.
This is a fixed term post until 31st March 2025 following recent success in securing a further three years of funding for the Project. The continuation of funding will depend on the continued success of the project.
The role benefits from a large range of rewards and benefits such as:
• Starting salary £30,151
• 24 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Flexible and agile working patterns that will achieve a successful work and life balance
If you would like any further information on the post, please email the Housing First Team Leader email@example.com in the first instance.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.