We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
Our innovative and successful Enhanced Response Service which responds to community calls is expanding. The service provides fast community response to ‘lifeline’ alarm calls, Ambulance calls and Urgent Social Care calls. We are a fast moving responsive service and want to hear from people with experience of domiciliary services, who want to help people to be as independent as possible in their own homes.
This is an exciting and unique role in which no two days will be the same. As well as a fulfilling and rewarding career we can also offer the following benefits:
• Full training is provided to help you succeed in the role
• Support to gain your Care Certificate and your Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
• Variable hours and working patterns to provide flexibility.
• The hourly equivalent is £11.18 – £11.39 with enhanced pay rates for Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Professional career development
• Excellent management support
• Employee Benefits scheme with lifestyle and shopping discounts
• A dedication to wellbeing.
An additional fuel allowance of £30 per month has been agreed for the 2022/23 financial year for employees driving over 300 business miles per month.
You will need to work in a way that demonstrates and promotes high standards of care, commitment and communication. To recognise service users as individuals and promote dignity in care. To understand and support diversity. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults. We require you to understand and demonstrate this commitment.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don’t wait for the closing date to apply. Candidates will be progressed shortly after they apply, and the opportunity will be filled as soon as we identify a suitable candidate, which may be before the closing date.
So please don’t hesitate, we want to speak to you now!
For further information, please email Jessica on Recruitment.CFA@cambridgeshire.gov.uk.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.