In a Nutshell…
We have a new opportunity for a Divisional Finance Controller to join our team within Vistry Division, at our Brentwood office in Essex. As our Divisional Finance Controller, you will be responsible for key financial oversight role for the Division ensuring consolidation and understanding of Divisional performance/ forecasts and supporting commercial decision making, in addition to prompting a robust financial control environment and delivering the Finance transformation agenda. The role supports the Divisional Finance Director, and wider leadership team, to understand complex issues and deliver sustainable solutions.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification) with significant PQE.
- IT literate including MS Excel/Outlook.
- Significant experience of operating a robust financial control environment and driving change and continuous improvement in control and process efficiency.
- Strong technical accounting acumen with a good understanding of IFRS.
- Strong verbal and report writing skills with the ability to express financial results articulately at multiple levels up to Board level
- Experience of influencing and delivering change in a matrix management structure.
- Effective communicator both with finance and non-finance professionals
- Drive and ambition to deliver results.
- COINS finance system
- Construction / Housebuilding industry
More about the Divisional Finance Controller role…
- Coordinate and consolidate the financial planning, forecasting and budgeting process for the Division.
- Deliver weekly, monthly, periodic and ad-hoc Divisional reporting requirements e.g. sales reporting, Management Accounts, half-year/ year-end reporting requirements.
- Proactively promote and maintain the financial reporting and control processes across the division, ensuring processes are delivered consistently, efficiently and in line with Group policies and best practice.
- Key point of contact in the division for technical accounting queries and queries on the application of the Vistry Finance Manual.
- Be the key point of contact and coordination for internal and external audit relating to the division.
- Work with Group Finance, other Divisional Financial Controllers, and the Director of Finance Integration and Transformation on delivering standardisation and enhancements to the Group’s Finance policies, processes and systems, as well as landing these changes within the division.
- Deputise for the Divisional Finance Director at key meetings, where required.
- This job description is not a definitive list of duties. It provides an outline of Key Performance
- Indicators required for this position. The job holder may be asked to undertake other duties to meet
- business requirements.
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects as required e.g. Business unit benchmarking.
- As appropriate, join joint venture/ joint operation Boards.
- Key point of contract across the business unit operational teams and with Group functions.
- Drive the divisional timetable for reporting and forecasting.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: , ,