We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
The School Governance Team in Cambridgeshire seeks to appoint clerks to deliver high quality support focussed upon administration and guidance to governing bodies, helping them to fulfil their strategic roles and responsibilities.
The main duties of the post will include;
- Producing agendas and minutes to a consistently high standard
- Providing advice to the governing body on governance legislation and procedural matters
- Working alongside the Chair of Governors and Headteacher to plan and facilitate governing body meetings
- Maintaining records of governing body business and membership
Successful candidates will need to possess excellent administration, ICT and communication skills, alongside the ability to work autonomously and flexibly to best meet the needs of different schools.
Camclerks are classed as homeworkers as most of the work can be undertaken on a flexible basis at home. However, they are expected to attend governing body meetings which are generally held in school. The salary is £12.70 per hour. These are flexible, part-time posts.
Full training and support will be provided to candidates who demonstrate the necessary skills. There is an expectation that regular training and development will be undertaken to maintain knowledge and develop practice.
For more information please contact George Hayes, Strategic Lead for Governance via email to George.Hayes@cambridgeshire.gov.uk.
Previous unsuccessful applicants need not apply.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.