Do you want to work within a thriving, collaborative team of exceptional Engineers, as part of a large, award-winning multi-disciplinary consultancy?
Pick Everard have been providing excellent service to clients across multiple sectors for over 160 years. Our Civil Engineering discipline are looking to appoint a Civil Engineer to join our team in Leicester.
At Pick Everard, we are passionate about our people and strive to support and develop long-term and rewarding careers.
You will work as an integral part of the team, with other Engineers and Technicians, to deliver a wide range of projects (including residential, education, leisure, defence and commercial).
We are looking for an Engineer to:
- Assist with and prepare technical designs, specifications and reports for Highways/Public Realm and/or Infrastructure/Drainage projects to suit your experience
- Work on a large variety of projects in terms of size, type, and complexity, both single discipline and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Show enthusiasm in taking on new challenges, by applying engineering principles and a practical and pragmatic approach to new and exciting projects
- Deliver high quality output, on time and to budget
- Contribute to design team meetings, presenting your proposals to the wider team
- Undertake site visits throughout the project lifespan, from feasibility and survey phases through to construction, seeing your designs brought to life on site
- Build effective relationships with clients, colleagues and suppliers
- Take a collaborative approach, working closely with the senior team, assisting with technical and quality reviews
Our Civil Engineering discipline boast a supportive and collaborative environment, where you can expect hands-on guidance and prosperous career development.
Are you interested to find out more? Contact us today!
This role will suit an Engineer who enjoys working as part of a team to deliver exciting high-profile developments in a wide variety of sectors.
Key skills and experience we are looking for:
- Team player with a confident, can-do, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Experience working on a range schemes, as well as the ingenuity to take on bespoke projects that will require practical application of your experience to date
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop collaborative working relationships with colleagues in our multi-disciplinary practice
- Robust problem solving skills, taking accountability for assigned work
- Good knowledge of industry design software packages relevant to your experience
- A degree or equivalent in civil engineering or a related subject, working towards a professional qualification
- A commercial awareness and an understanding of different forms of contract
- Excellent communication skills, with experience writing reports and delivering presentations
If you feel this is the role for you, apply today!
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration and Benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Enhanced Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards – including enhanced annual leave and vouchers
- Annual Being PickEverard awards
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Spot Rewards
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan at senior level
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support and Employee Assistance Programme
Please note we do not accept speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Pick Everard is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey.