Salary: £11.10 Per Hour
Shift hours: Permanent
Looking for a quality life/work balance? Most ESS Military sites operate on single shifts. No more split shifts or late night finishes*! Working only 1 weekend out of every 3/4.
*Occasional late finish and flexibility required.
ESS are looking or an experienced and passionate CHEF/EXPERIENCED COOK to join the Catering Team at – RAF Cosford. WV7 3EX
Pay Rate: £11.10 per hour
Weekly Hours: 37 hours per week – Part time/Job Share options can be discussed.
RAF Cosford is a military base in the West Midlands, based between Telford and Wolverhampton, Shropshire. The base is fully operational and feeds and accommodates up to 2,500 Service personnel across multiple kitchens.
As a talented Caterer, you will support the daily catering operation to improve the customer food service experience by delivering a best-in-class food offer, to military and civilian personnel but also have the chance to demonstrate your creative side with providing great food for banquets and functions.
As part of our team, you can expect to receive: –
- Great training opportunities
- Experience of working on large events and competitions
- Great work life balance through great shift patterns and ability to easily take holiday during Easter, Summer, and a better benefit of minimal shifts during the Christmas period, these are when we become quieter on our sites
- Excellent benefits; Perks at Work, Free on shift meal.
- Career progression opportunities
Candidates should have good culinary skills with an attention to detail, be a team player and yet also be capable of working unsupervised. As a chef/Cook, it is desirable to have an NVQ level 2 qualification in food preparation and cooking, however, experience is more desired, if you have the passion and drive to succeed as part of our team, there are various career pathway opportunities within our Company.
Our ideal Chef de Partie will:
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Strive for excellence in an eager and motivated manner
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Have a desire to succeed in your role
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
- Have a safety-first mind set
- Passionate about food
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/0304/94603001/52398382/BU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.