At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Technician (Aggregates and Asphalt) to join our friendly team based at Tarmac Parkstone Asphalt Plant, in Parkstone, Poole in Dorset working on site as part of a team that supports operations at our Parkstone Plant. As well as Poole, this site is accessible from Bournemouth, Wimborne Minster, Corfe Mullen, Ferndown, Ringwood, Blandford Forum, Bransgore, Christchurch and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Senior Technician, the role of Technician (Aggregates and Asphalt) will be responsible for:
- Sampling and testing of various construction materials (aggregates and asphalt) daily where accuracy will be paramount.
- Testing will be carried out to the highest safety standards and within your manual handling capabilities
- At times, visiting other Tarmac sites to carry out various sampling and testing duties
- The majority of material testing carried out within the laboratory, which will include ovens, furnaces, sieves (with a mechanical shaker), weighing apparatus, chemicals and other scientific based equipment
- Ensuring the quality of the materials is monitored at all times for both internal and external customers
- Adhering to company Health and Safety procedures at all times
The ideal candidate for the role of Technician (Aggregates and Asphalt) will have laboratory experience gained within the construction sector and will possesses knowledge of aggregate and / or asphalt testing and production. We do however welcome applications from candidates without experience as full training will be provided.
This role Technician role is not a typical ‘lab coat’ laboratory type of role – it is a vital hands-on site-based role, wearing PPE and working in a small team closely supporting our operational asphalt plants. Driving licence and own transport is also preferred to access to the site.
Suitable candidates for the role of Technician (Aggregates and Asphalt) will:
- Be hard working and self-motivated
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
- Be accurate in their work and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to identify potential risks/issues (training will be provided)
- Be able to work independently and to collaborate as part of a wider team
- Be IT literate
- Possess a good numerical aptitude (handling calculations/interpreting results)
- Be flexible in their working approach
- Be Health and Safety conscious
Salary: Excellent Salary + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Poole, Dorset, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/40135/5115