In a Nutshell…
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Coordinator to join our team within Vistry South East at our Caterham office. As our Technical Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating key information, engineering and working drawing packages to enable any given residential development to be built as intended and to obtain all necessary technical approvals.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes.
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- BTEC HND/HNC in Design, Construction or Civil Engineering
- Experience working within a technical role at a residential house builder or contractor.
- Good level of IT literacy with experience of AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel & Word,
- Proven ability in a Technical Coordinator role of delivering design for multiple projects on time, to budget and quality standards with high customer satisfaction results.
- Excellent organisation and time management with ability to multitask.
- Commercially aware.
- Ability to make decisions within authority.
- Able to lead and work as a team member.
- Experienced in analysing problems and delivering solutions.
- Strong mathematical ability.
- Be able to design and interpret the designs and technical demands of others.
More about the Technical Coordinator role…
- Manage site as agreed with the Senior Technical Manager / Technical Director from design stage to post completion, in line with delivery programme.
- Assist with key aspects of the Principal Designer role as defined within the Construction Design & Management Regulation 2015.
- Completion of all necessary Health, Safety & Environmental documents, in line with group policy.
- Co-ordinate delivery of surveys & reports required for the development and manage associated requirements from design to completion.
- Manage the process of obtaining consultant fee proposals and formal appointment documents in accordance with group procedures.
- Co-ordinate consultants to deliver the civil engineering designs including legal plans.
- Undertaking value engineering assessments and ensure buildability.
- Co-ordinate submission of designs and securing technical approvals for agreements such as S104, S38 and S278.
- Following technical approval being granted, managing timely completion of legal agreements.
- Co-ordinate utility designs and initial mains laying onto site, ensuring legal agreements completed in timely manner.
- Coordinate street naming with local authority, complete plot list and distribute internally and externally of the business.
- Where applicable obtaining Management Company quotations, reviewing, comparing and providing the Technical Director with recommendation for appointments.
- Assist in production of Sales brochure, legal and sales handover meetings.
- Provide information for Housing Association contracts and attendance of progress meetings,
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Linden House,Guards Avenue, Caterham, CR3 5XL