Cambian New Elizabethan School
Hours: 8.30am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday, term time only
Are you a Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge or perhaps you would like to begin a career in education?
Cambian New Elizabethan School is a day school for 45 students aged 7 – 19 that offers outstanding opportunities for boys and girls with a diagnosis of communication difficulties, autism spectrum conditions, complex needs and challenging behaviour.
Set in large, private grounds amid a campus of historic buildings in rural Hartlebury, Worcestershire, Cambian New Elizabethan School is a relaxing place of learning, where young people receive the specialist education and therapeutic approach they need.
Our pupils are taught in small class groups, with some requiring a 1:1 staff to pupil ratio.
The successful applicant will work as part of a team under the direction of a qualified teacher assisting pupils to access a broad curriculum, based on the National Curriculum. You will have excellent organisational and communication skills as well as being able to work flexibly in relation to tasks undertaken.
The main focus of this role will be to:
· Support students to learn and make progress in lessons
· Assist the teacher/tutor in the preparation of work
· Support students during school based and community-based learning
· Ensure students make progress in formal learning situations as well as with self-help skills, life skills and social understanding
We provide an induction and ongoing training and there are opportunities to develop your career.
Experience not essential, we will give you all the training and support necessary. However, if you have a Teaching Assistant qualification and experience of relevant classroom support work then your starting salary could be higher.
The ideal Teaching Assistant will have:
· A teaching assistant qualification (desirable but not essential)
· Knowledge of autism and/ or Special educational needs
· Well-developed organisation and communication skills
· Ability to work flexibly in relation to tasks undertaken
· Ability to be a good team player
We pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunities Employer. And we are committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian will conduct online searches of shortlisted candidates. This check will be part of a safeguarding check, and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. As care must be taken to avoid unconscious bias and any risk of discrimination a person who will not on the appointment panel will conduct the search and will only share information if and when findings are relevant and of concern.