Location: The Willows Hospital, Wisbech
Hours: 42 hours per week (consisting of day and night shifts)
Salary Details: £10 per hour
Are you a compassionate and resilient person? Are you passionate about wanting to develop/start your career in mental health? If so, this could be the job for you. We are currently looking to appoint Support Workers, to join our friendly team at The Willows Hospital.
The role of a support worker is to undertake duties to support our residents with varying degrees of mental health illness, in line with agreed plans and direction by the clinical team using a recovery focussed model. We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve. You will need to be flexible, as you are required to work day and night shifts including bank holidays and alternate weekends.
Rewards & Benefits:
- *£500 Recommend A Friend Bonus
- Up to 28 Days Holiday
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics for self-development of your career
- Free DBS Check
- Stakeholder Pension
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Employee Awards Evening
- Employee Recognition Schemes
- Career progression within the company
- CareTech Foundation – Opportunity to apply for family and friend’s grants
- Free staff meals
- Free on-site parking
- Experience in a caring environment preferred, but not essential
- Able to work days, evenings, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays
- Good communication skills, allowing you to engage & interact with our residents
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone and also be part of a team (family)
- Passionate about making a difference to someone else life
- Good written skills
- Able to fulfil the sleep-in duties in accordance with the agreed rota
- Driver preferred but not essential
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment. The disclosure expense will be met by Caretech.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
Location: Wisbech, PE13 4NQ