Salary: up to £13.50 per hour (DOE)
Shift hours: Permanent
Sous Chef – Reading
£13.50 per hour + free meal on shift.
Monday to Friday only
Eurest, part of Compass Group, is the market leader in the provision of food and support services to business and industry providing nearly 1,500 organisations, including 80 of the FTSE 100, with staff restaurants, delis, cafe bars, shops and a wide range of facilities management services.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef to join our team..
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Sous Chef to lead our dedicated catering team along side the Head Chef producing outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this prestigious contract and assisting with all areas of the kitchen including health and safety and general managing to ensure exceptional guest and food service.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate who has a passion for high quality food service, who has experience in driving success and adapting to change.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with Head Chef planning daily British & European food menus
- Preparation and service of daily breakfast and lunch British & European food menus
- Food ordering, goods receipting and invoicing
- Management of labour, stock and spending
- Managing of all HSE on site
- Communicating daily recipes, menus and allergens
- Assisting the Head Chef with any other required tasks
- Assisting the Head Chef in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in our kitchens
- Previous experience in a Contract Catering or fine dining environment
- Quality driven and passionate about food
- Ability to use a knife quickly, safely and efficiently
- Ability to produce dishes to the specification and standard required on time
- Ability to communicate in a clear, positive and professional manner with customers, colleagues and client
- Ability to maintain the high level and food and service in Head Chef’s absence
- Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to a new an evolving business
- Be open and able to adapt to change
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Be flexible, able to work shifts
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Be an effective team player