We’re a multi award-winning contract catering company, with a team of trained foodies serving over 45,500 satisfied customers every day. We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef to join our team.
Producing and developing the highest standard of food within the required time and financial targets, you’ll step into the Head Chef’s shoes when required. You also have ideas of your own, and will be keen to develop new initiatives to improve standards.
Enthusiastic about food, you’ll research innovative ideas and contribute to all areas of food production, from menu planning capturing food trends, to delighting our customers. An effective communicator, you’re a professional who promotes team spirit, company culture and can switch the speed of your work when the business needs you to. With a strong customer focus, you’ll gain valuable feedback to measure success and be committed to continuous learning by attending workshops and forums. And while your kitchen management skills may be at a basic level, you’re ready to improve and grow.
With relevant experience and educated to C & G 706 1 & 2, NVQ or equivalent, you’ll have Food Safety and Health and Safety certificates at level 2, and be confident in your working knowledge of COSHH & HACCP. 2 years’ experience working in in a similar size operation would be an advantage, along with some experience in supervising others. bartlett mitchell are committed to supporting your future career and training options.
• Monday to Friday working hours available
• Free meal provision while on shift
• Training and development opportunities including NVQ apprentice scheme & WSET courses
• 28 days annual leave with an additional day each year up to 33 days
• The opportunity to have your birthday off, every year!
• Discounts and cashback from a wide range of retail and leisure outlets
• The annual BM Caterers Summer party and FOODIES awards. As well as our site-based summer and winter parties.
• Regular team events
• Life assurance and an employee assistance programme
• Cycle2work scheme – upfront loan for the necessary equipment
• Being part of a team that made the ‘Best Companies’ to Work For list 7 years running
Location: , Milton, OX14 4RY