Salary: £54,740 to £73780 per annum – dependant on experience
As the second largest Building Society in the UK and the 8th largest lender, we know a thing or two about Savings and Mortgages. The Society has grown significantly over the past decade in particular and now has over 2,500 employees and 1.8 million members. The Society is a Which recommended savings provider and we’re proud to be one of The Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for.
System Architecture is a key role within the Solution Architect Team. System Architect is responsible for defining and communicating a shared technical and architectural vision for an Agile Release Train (ART) to help ensure the system or Solution under development is fit for its intended purpose.
Working with a group of people, proud of our Customer First ethos, you can expect a highly collegiate and collaborative environment with regular engagement with stakeholders at all levels across IT and relevant business areas.
You will be a significant contributor within a small team of specialist information security architects working on projects and products. Playing a critical role in aligning teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and Solution Train to a shared technical direction and partner with those teams in elaborating the Solution, validating technology assumptions, evaluating implementation alternatives, and creating the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
You will be responsible for providing security related architectural direction and expertise.
Have well developed interpersonal, analytical, planning and organising skills, an attention to detail, a high level of accuracy and the ability to work on your own initiative.
Be effective at both written and verbal communication with the ability to quickly build productive working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Professional Security accreditation such as CISSPs or SABSA
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a computing or otherwise STEM discipline
- The ability to identify of and triage of information security risk
- Understanding of compliance legislation and regulations such as UK Data Protection Act 2018 / GDPR and PCI DSS, and broader Information Security Laws and Regulation.
- Be able to articulate common attack Tools, Tactics and Procedures (TTP’s) used by likely threats to a UK Financial Services company
- Experience delivering products, tools and services mitigating security risk
Highly Desirable Skills
A broad base of assignments across a range of technologies or problems across an enterprise, would typically cover most of, not all of:-
- Experience of Cloud Security Architecture best practice, ideally within AWS (Azure in addition is beneficial)
- Experience of Zero Trust Architecture
- Experience with the major security tools such as SIEM, EDR, CASB, Firewalls, VPN, Secrets Management, and Pen Testing tooling.
- Experience of implementing Enterprise Identity and Access Management Solutions
- Awareness of Software Development practices, tools and techniques, e.g. version control, CI/CD
- Previous Experience of working in a front line IT (preferably security) operational team
IT at the Coventry is changing – we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey, we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
- A greener place to work
- Be fully Carbon Neutral by 2030
- Continually sign up to Energy Schemes
- Work with our Community giving our city and our communities the power to be better off through life
Location: Coventry-Binley Business Park