We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses (45p per mile, and for the 2022/2023 financial year an additional fuel allowance for those driving over 300 business miles each month)
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.
About the role
Do you enjoy making a difference to your local community? Are you a curious practitioner who wants to make a difference to the lives of the individuals who we support? Do you enjoy building lasting relationships?
If the answer is yes, then this is an opportunity for you.
We have changed the way that we structure our Longer-Term support teams in Cambridgeshire and have an opportunity for you to join our East Cambs Adult Social Care Community Team.
We are looking for a Social Worker to join on a full time, permanent basis.
The team are responsible for supporting customers who live in the community in the East Cambs geographical area, giving the ability to develop working relationships with customers, their families, and our providers. We are based at the Princess of Wales Hospital and there is plenty of free car parking on site. The team works closely with our health and social care partner organisations and are involved in a number of projects to promote community focused work to transform care provisions in East Cambs. We are proud to be involved in a 3 year project to change the way the Local Authority commissions support to enable people to remain in the community for longer. This includes the development of Individual Service Funds and preventative work with local health colleagues and community based agencies.
We value and respect Social Workers and are looking for exceptional people to join us on our journey. If you would like an informal chat about this role please contact: Sara Culbert at East Cambs Adult Social Care Community Team, on: 07771 975073.
Alternatively, get in touch with us today by calling Nathalie on 01223 699263, email us on email@example.com or visit our website for more information.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don’t wait for the closing date to apply, we want to speak to you now!
We know that your time is precious, so our interviews are generally held virtually, by Microsoft Teams, to provide the most flexible recruitment process. We will include a virtual assessment as part of this, but we’ll give you all of the relevant information ahead of time.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Experience or a willingness to work with a variety of partner organisations is vital to working in this team and you’ll need to enjoy networking and influencing others to see things differently. You will be able to work autonomously and have the flexibility to manage your own workload in a hybrid way that allows you to work from the office base at least twice a week and from home.
Most of all, you put the individual at the heart of everything and you ensure their choices are being respected and supported.
To apply, you must:
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently.
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description and Person Specification.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.