Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
Shift hours: Full Time
Sodexo’s Schools Segment have a fantastic brand-new opportunity for a Student Engagement Manager to join our Oasis Community Learning (OCL) Trust team.
Sodexo began its partnership with Oasis, one of the largest and fastest growing multi-Academy sponsors in England, back in 2010 when it was awarded the contract to provide catering at three of the organisation’s schools.
Oasis Academies is committed to the academic achievement of its pupils and has partnered with Sodexo to ensure that food provided to the pupils in its schools contribute to boosting learning outcomes.
We are passionate about serving high quality, freshly cooked meals from locally sourced ingredients. This role will support us to drive the uptake of our school food services and generate social value through our engagement work with the purpose of improving student engagement with food
You will be passionate about making a difference, understand the importance of school meals in children’s lives and be digitally minded with good grasp of current trends.
This really is a great opportunity for an individual with a passion for social value, health, wellbeing and community work to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Develop approaches to support academies with healthy eating strategies across the school day
- Assist in developing and implement a plan of action to support academies to develop holistic, whole school approaches to healthy eating.
- Create and support links between the school curriculum and our catering services, ensuring school food becomes a learning opportunity.
- Engage pupils in participatory activities to develop imaginative ways of changing and sustaining healthy eating behaviours (Agents for Change programme)
- Engage with relevant partners to develop creative work to involve parents in food education to support the sustainability of improved healthy eating amongst children.
- Embed our Project Cook programme across the contract, and continually develop new ways to integrate our services with academy life.
- Energy, commitment and passion for the health of young people and healthy schools.
- The ability to work with parents and pupils catering teams and other stakeholders
- The ability to work independently, on own initiative.be accountable and measure impact
- Able to use digital and social channels effectively
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- The ability to demonstrate a commitment to Equal Opportunities.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Location: Birmingham, England