At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Skilled Road Surfacing Operative to join our team based in Agecroft, Salford.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds
Reporting directly to the Foreman and will work as part of an Asphalt machine lay gang on a variety of schemes such as motorways & airfields to new build carriageways, standard Local Authority streetworks as well as private, industrial & commercial works.
The Skilled Road Surfacing Operative will be responsible for:
- Operating Road Surfacing equipment daily (Pavers, Heavy Rollers, JCB 2CX)
- Working as part of the team and completing works on instruction from the Foreman
- Being flexible in your working approach. There is a requirement with this role for a multi skilled candidate and so day to day responsbilities may differ
- Adhering to on site Health and Safety procedures at all times
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience working as a Skilled Road Surfacing Operative within a Civil engineering, Construction or similar environment. They will also:
- Possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills
- Have experience within a multi skilled Surfacing Operative role
- Be motivated and flexible in their working approach as there is a requirement to work varying shifts which could include nights and weekends
For the regular operation of Road Surfacing equipment it is ideal for candidates to possess competency cards and relevant tickets for:
- JCB 2CX
- Heavy Rollers
- CSCS is also required
Location: Salford, Lancashire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/110/1228