Salary: Up to £34,000 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer able to lead and motivate a team of engineers whilst also getting stuck in and supporting with day to day “on the tools” jobs?
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team at the MOD site in Colchester, Essex.
You will be an excellent communicator, able to work well with the client and be experienced in the planned and reactive maintenance of works across a large site.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the engineering background ready to take that step up in to a supervising role, Sodexo will ensure you have a structured development plan put in place including funding an apprenticeship to help you on your career journey.
- Monitor, evaluate and inspect planned and reactive maintenance tasks
- Ensure tasks are assigned to the correct tradesmen within the team and ensure timely and compliant completion.
- Assist with procuring materials
- Ensure all self-delivered and sub contracted PPMs, job plans are delivered to the appropriate standard.
- Work in partnership with the Helpdesk Administration team to ensure seamless service delivery.
- Monitor all tradesmen on-site to ensure compliance with health and safety.
- Provide support to the Projects team.
- Must work well within a team and support the Technical Officer and engineers whilst able to make decisions based upon own knowledge.
- experience and a proven track record in Property Maintenance Management (Mechanical Bias)
- IOSH Qualification
- Ideally will hold a recognised F-Gas qualification or have experience and be willing to gain the full qualification.
- Relevant Mechanical Engineering qualification.
Location: Colchester, England