Salary: Circa £55,000
We are recruiting for a lawyer who understands that contracts are a lot more than drafting. We need a passion for process improvement, drafting for success and high volume procurement demands. For sure you will be busy with supplier contracts and working with our outsourced service provider of legal services- but it’s more than that, you have to enjoy business & working with people.
You will be a part of a wider legal team who focus on a wide variety of legal matters. We are a growing team with a focus on providing best in class solutions and a down-to-earth legal support and leadership.
Practically you will have responsibility for the following:-
- A focus on advising on all aspects of third party supplier contracts and manage any outsourced service suppliers in this area.
- Working as part of a team on significant/strategic contracts including oversight of internal/regulatory requirements, external counsel and assisting with driving projects to conclusion.
- You will work as part of the Operations team, reporting to the Lead Counsel Operations, which has overall responsibility for Legal Operations.
- You will respond to queries from stakeholders and undertake the engagement of external legal or non-legal experts as required. You will work closely with other teams in the Legal Function and wider Society. You will ensure that the Society remains compliant with legal and regulatory requirements in your area and acts in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- You will at all times ensure that an appropriate level of consistent and accurate advice and support is delivered to stakeholders in a highly compliant, professional and timely manner and consider the impact of your advice and the actions of the business on the risk appetite of the Society (whether legal, reputational or compliance related).
You’ll be a qualified lawyer and you will have experience of advising in complex and / or high volume contract turnaround environments. You may have experience of working with contracts in the financial services sector or a similar sector with a regulatory focus.
You will be curious & want to understand your part to play in one of the best financial institutions in the country. You’ll continually look for opportunities to grow and have a focus on developing your skills and capability. You will like working in an inclusive environment with a focus on legal technology and a people first approach.
If you feel that you have the right experience and skills and want to make a positive contribution to the continued success of the Coventry, then please apply today.
Location: Coventry-Binley Business Park