We are seeking a Senior Community Social Worker to join us in Brighton linking the work of Jewish Care in the community with the BNJC, Brighton Jewish Welfare Board, Sussex Jewish Rep Council, Helping Hands & Ralli Hall.
You will work in partnership with Jewish Care’s Supportive Communities and Outreach Coordinator to explore service & activity development within the community. Providing a range of advisory and advocacy services that enables the community to access information and services appropriate to their health, social and cultural needs You may have to manage a caseload of 15-18 cases, supported by the Head of Social Work, Safeguarding and Mental Health.
This post is part time for 24 hours per week.
What you will be doing:
- Enabling individuals within the community to identify their needs.
- Utilising Jewish Care’s systems for client assessment and ongoing support (Dynamics)
- Developing ways of reducing the isolation experienced by individuals in the community especially where this isolation may be due to an illness or disability.
- Recruiting a small team of Volunteers to assist with the Supportive Communities aspect of the work
- Developing and taking the lead on information sessions and support groups for individuals within a specialist field of illness, disability, or situation.
- Providing information and advice for individuals in accordance with current government legislation and policies.
- Assisting individuals to access services including providing advice, advocacy, and support with assessments, welfare benefits and allowances.
- Advising individuals with regard to care planning that promotes independence and works in a preventative way.
- Where appropriate, work with the Jewish Care admissions team (Living with Jewish Care) to manage and coordinate an individual’s admission into one of Jewish Care’s paid for services or an alternative appropriate provision, ensuring that they are appropriately supported and there is clear communication with all stakeholders.
- Ensuring that knowledge gained through the community is fed back to Jewish Care in a manner that informs current community needs and future service provisions.
What you will need:
- Qualification in Social Work
- Registered Social Worker with Social Work England
- Experience in Community Development
- Experience working with adults in a social care context
- Good knowledge of all legislation and government initiatives to support individuals needing care.
- Good knowledge of health and social care systems and how to access them.
- Excellent verbal, listening and writing, time management and IT skills
- Ability to self-support in all administrative areas.