Salary: £10.50 – £10.50
Shift hours: Full Time
To be responsible for the security of the building, the opening and closing of the building, working to achieve the Service Level Agreement and providing an outstanding service.
- To assist with the smooth running of reception and security
- To welcome client’s visitors, and ensure they sign in on the visitor’s system
- To contact visitors hosts when they arrive
- To sign in and out all visitor, contractor and forgotten passes
- To disable all none returned passes
- To inform Manager if any passes have not been returned
- To be polite and professional at all times
- To act upon and reply to all emails in reception, facilities and personal accounts
- To keep all records and working documents up to date
- To be alert and notice/log anything unusual, report where necessary
- To have a full working knowledge of the site and personnel
- To monitor CCTV and building alarms and alert persons as necessary
- To sign in and out keys to those authorised on the key authorisation register
- To provide first aid when needed (if trained)
- To patrol internal premises as specified
- To be vigilant and approachable at all times
- To unlock and lock up the building using the correct procedure
- To raise and drop barriers at specified times
- To act on any intruder alarm set off in the day according to the correct procedure
- To act on any fire alarm and follow the fire evacuation procedure
- To call the emergency services when needed and to stay calm and professional
- To have a clean smart professional image and wear uniform at all times
- To maintain and keep up to date security logs and incident reports
- To identify any maintenance faults and report them appropriately
- To aid with energy saving by turning off non-essential lights and shutting doors and windows
- To ensure that the appropriate safety signage is used at all appropriate times e.g. wet floor signs to ‘warn’ customers were possible.
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene is always maintained and that uniform provided and specified is worn with care to being clean and ironed.
- To take part and effectively engage in employee training and having a full understanding of Health and Safety, Facilities management and Site Specifics Procedures.
- To deal with any complaints / issues from customers immediately and report directly to Manager
- To participate actively within team meetings in order to develop ideas to enhance service offer.
- To perform miscellaneous tasks as instructed by the reception/security supervisor
- To be flexible to work additional hours in order to cover holiday and sickness within the team.
- To be responsible for your own learning and development with support from the manager
- Security Experience
- Customer Service
- Excellent time keeping, and flexibility.
- SIA Licence
- Good communicator with colleagues, visitors, contractors and clients
- Ability to maintain and develop client relationships.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Standard of security achieves the Service Level Agreement.
- Compliance with Health and Safety Legislation and Sodexo Procedures
- Compliance with Site Specific Client procedures
- Developing and implementing new ideas
- Responsive to training and new site procedures.
- Ability to respond to additional tasks in a timely manner & manage workload throughout the shift.
- Building client and customer relationships.
Location: Telford, England