Safeguarding Practitioner – Permanent, Full time (37 hours), NCC Band 8.
Northumberland County Council Safeguarding Adults Team provide a statutory duty to those adults with care and support needs who are experiencing, or are at risk of, abuse or neglect and as a result of those care and support needs are unable to protect themselves from either the risk of/or the experience of abuse or neglect.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Safeguarding Enquiry/Triage Team which comprises Safeguarding Managers and Safeguarding Practitioners. The Team leads on adult safeguarding across the County contributing to the prevention of abuse and neglect. The Team reports to the Chief Executive and the Safeguarding Adults Board in relation to local safeguarding arrangements providing assurances about the support and protection of adults at risk.
1. To work alongside and in partnership with individuals, families and carers using a range of interpersonal and communication skills.
2. To be able to work effectively and positively in a multi-agency framework demonstrating excellent communication skills
3. To be aware of and implement adult safeguarding policies and procedures and directly undertake work in this area eg conduct safeguarding investigations
4. To demonstrate professional curiosity to positively assess and manage risk in complex situations
5. To establish and maintain appropriate working relationships with individual service users, groups, families and the staff of other agencies.
6. To make case recordings and provide reports in accordance with statutory and agency requirements. To use information technology as appropriate.
We are offering:
– A starting salary of £35411
– Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
– A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
– Flexible working arrangements
– Degree in Social Work
– Up-to-date understanding of the key issues and relevant theoretical background facing professionals in the field of adult safeguarding
– At least two years’ social work/relevant experience
– Significant experience of Adult Protection and Safeguarding Policies and procedures.
– Experience of team working
– Experience of positive decision making
For further information, please see the attached job description and person specification.
For an informal discussion, please contact Judith Adams on 07870 366020.
Closing date is 19th February 2023 at midnight.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please also let the team know. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.