Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
As a Regulatory Policy & Reporting Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Impact analysis, review and implementation of new products, and treatment from prudential policy perspective
- Regulatory developments – capturing and assessing the impact of new and evolving rule changes and technical updates
- Production and challenge of regulatory reports for all aspects of capital, liquidity, leverage and large exposures reporting, including Pillar 3, COREP, FINREP, BoE returns and internal monthly MI
- Reviewing and assessing the impact of new and evolving regulatory reporting requirements
- Working closely with financial accounting teams to ensure reporting is consistent
- Communicate issues with appropriate owners. Monitor and track issues to ensure timely and appropriate resolutions are achieved
- Previous banking experience is essential, with demonstrable experience working on regulatory projects and deliverables in a fast changing environment
- You have experience working with the PRA & BoE policy papers, CRR, CRD IV, BRRD, EBA guidelines, Basel papers and FAQs
- You can make sense out of new regulation
- You have very strong written and analytical skills
- Knowledge of legal entity accounting and reporting preferred
- A strong academic background
- A self-starter and independent worker with strong interpersonal skills
- You are well organised with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentivised refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.