Could you be our new Registered Care Manager?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a Registered Care Manager to join our service in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
This is a permanent post working 37.5 hours per week.
This is a residential service that supports 7 adults who are deafblind and have complex needs aged 18-65. You will have the support of a team of support workers and 2 deputies. The role requires hands on support and personal care for male and females at times. The applicant we are looking for needs to be enthusiastic, active, of an outgoing nature, organised, proactive and want to support people to lead full and active lives in line with their life aspirations. Previous managerial experience of a residential service is preferred. We want the applicants to want to strive for best for the people we support. The working week is 5 out of 7 including weekends you may also be required to do sleep ins as part of your role.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access/ holidays / day trips.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- The role requires you to hold a valid UK driving licence with the use of your own vehicle.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Experience in a social care line management position
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care – or willing to work towards it
- Full person specification is attached below.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.