Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a business unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds. We offer a flexible approach and are open to flexible working options.
We are currently looking for a Regional Planner with experience on Highways to join our Infrastructure business working in the Worcestershire area.
The position is full time offering the opportunity to develop, implement and support across the business a range of project and business sustainability strategies and winning future work.
The Regional Planner supports the Framework Manager with the development of a tender methodology and programme. You will provide resourcing requirements and method related pricing requirements such as phasing and traffic management. You will also produce technical submissions for bids (such as Method Statements and Phasing Plans), working with the Framework Manager to ensure a consistent bid submission. Preparing documentation for tender adjudication and tender handover.
The Regional Planner is accountable for, but not limited to, the following:
· Preparing the Tender Programme with required level of resourcing
· Developing an output schedule and advising the estimator for pricing purposes.
· Preparing technical aspects of bid submissions
· Supporting the Framework Team in preparation for tender settlements, client presentations and tender handovers.
· Updating scheme programmes as required
Required experience, knowledge, qualifications, and training
· Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint mandatory)
· Excellent Programming Software Skills (Asta Powerprojects)
· Performs well in a team environment
· Understanding of construction industry terminology and delivery methods
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to prioritise
· Able to work to strict deadlines
· An understanding of project planning, scheduling, tracking, reporting and risk management.
· Experience of working on large-scale infrastructure projects (£500k+) (either as an individual or as a member of a team with specific areas of responsibility)
· Site engineering and construction management experience is desirable
Salary: Excellent Salary + Company Car/Allowance + Benefits
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/47942/3796