We’re a multi award-winning contract catering company, with a team of trained foodies serving over 45,500 satisfied customers every day. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Support Team Chef Manager to join our team.
Working across a variety of sites, you’ll bring your passion for good food and your excellence in kitchen skills to produce delicious menus and dishes. Supporting the achievement of financial targets and controls, you’ll have experience in managing budgets and teams to ensure standards are met – ultimately maximising sales and minimising costs. You’ll understand the importance of interacting with your customers regularly so that you can measure success and gain new ideas, whilst ensuring high levels of hygiene and food safety compliance.
Committed to improving and growing in your career, you’ll embrace being part of BM Caterers’s culture of learning, attending forums and craft workshops, and keeping up-to-date with food innovation to offer inspiration to your team.
Educated to City & Guilds, NVQ Level 1/2, with Food Safety and Health & Safety at Level 2, you’ll also have relevant risk assessment and HACCP knowledge. We’d like to see a minimum of 2-4 years kitchen experience providing freshly made food. You will need to able to travel to our many sites and support each of the teams that you work with.
• Monday to Friday working hours available
• Flexible working hours and the potential of condensed shifts
• Free meal provision while on shift
• Training and development opportunities including NVQ apprentice scheme & WSET courses
• 28 days annual leave with an additional day each year up to 33 days
• The opportunity to have your birthday off, every year!
• Discounts and cashback from a wide range of retail and leisure outlets
• The annual BM Caterers Summer party and FOODIES awards. As well as our site-based summer and winter parties.
• Regular team events
• Life assurance and an employee assistance programme
• Cycle2work scheme – upfront loan for the necessary equipment
• Being part of a team that made the ‘Best Companies’ to Work For list 7 years running
Location: Thames Valley Park Drive, Earley, RG6 1PT