Salary: 32000 – 35000
Shift hours: Part Time
We want to make life better for more people. If you are as passionate about quality as we are and you want a role where your skills will make a real difference, this is a great opportunity. You can help us to grow and develop in an exciting business that puts people front and centre of everything we do.
Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group, has provided home care for over 75 years and we have 35 local offices in England and Scotland. Our aim is to lead the care industry by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services to our clients.
We are leading the care industry to raise standards by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services that ensure people receive the highest quality of care.
Our services span the generations across a number of environments:
- Adults of all ages, including the elderly and frail, based in their own homes and community setting
- Babies, children and young adults in and outside of the home setting i.e. at school, college, social activities and play
We offer complex nursing care, led by an experienced registered nurse, provided in the client’s own home/ community setting and delivered by a Registered Nurse or Professional Carer.
Complex care provision, including administering clinical interventions, is beyond that which domiciliary assistance provides – although any care package may involve both aspects.
Our client needs, which vary, mainly arise from physical disability, medical ailments, neurological impairment, sensory impairment, learning disability and autism and mental health.
We work in partnership and collaborate with those health-care professionals already involved; we value the importance of integrated and joined-up care provision.
We offer a supportive working environment with lots of potential for learning and development and a friendly, agile, and flexible working culture.
We are looking for a dynamic and independent professional with solid Adult Nursing experience and a flexible, enthusiastic, and can-do attitude to support our Midland Cluster of Branches, this role could be based at either Leicester or Derby Branch.
The role of a Regional Nurse is to provide clinical expertise and professional leadership to specific branches within a designated region, to enable the planning and delivery of safe and high-quality complex care provision to adults in their own homes and community settings.
- To be accountable for and lead on the clinical components of care delivery
- To risk assess individual client referrals and to continually provide clinical input, expertise and advice relating to care-planning and delivery across the pathway and evaluate outcomes
- Attend meetings and/or liaise with MDT, commissioners, case managers and clients etc to build and manage clinical caseload
- To act as a clinical role model and leader for all members of staff
- To facilitate and deliver an ongoing programme of clinical knowledge/skills-training and competency assessments to non-registered members to enable them to competently deliver care with minimal supervision
- Maintain standards, proactively manage clinical risk, complaints and play a pro-active role in quality improvement
- Promote compliance and adherence to internal policies and standards
- Keep abreast of national standards and requirements surrounding adult services, and relevant specialism and work with colleagues across all regions to agree practice changes and implications
- Assist branches in assessing client complexity and ensure adequate registered nurse input is available to support members in delivering safe and high-quality age-appropriate care
- Commitment to improving client/family experience at every step of the care pathway.
The success of this role will be measured by:
- Demonstrable ongoing improvements surrounding quality and safety relating to clinical care provision
- Improved client experience and customer feedback
- Skilled and competent non-registered nurse workforce
- Sustainability and further business growth across the designated region.
The role is regionally based i.e it covers a specified number of branches across a designated region and, therefore, will include regional travel. On occasions National UK travel may be required.
Interested? Then feel free to apply and start your journey with Prestige Nursing & Care.
*By submitting your details, you acknowledge that Prestige Nursing is collecting, processing, and using your personal data for managing your application.
For more information, please visit our Candidate Privacy Notice on our website*
**Prestige Nursing & Care reserve the right to close this role early**
- Working in partnership with Regional Lead Nurse, take responsibility to ensure the highest standards of professional care are attained in providing safe, high quality care
- Lead on clinical decision making relating to complex care across the complex client pathway – as per policy, from the point of referral to implementation and evaluation of care delivery
- Participate in home visits to assess needs. Evaluate care provision, risk assess and support/train/assess Professional Carers
- To have overall responsibility for a group of patients including a specialist caseload, with an ability to lead the team in areas related to complex care provision
- To develop and maintain skills required to risk assess referrals and lead in planning client focused complex care packages – across the pathway
- To provide specific branches with professional advice, direction and support relating to the allocation and suitability of non-registered professional carers to provide safe care to clients
- Provide direct care and support to clients in exceptional circumstances
- Provide safeguarding expertise and advice for branches. Promptly raise concerns and work with relevant agencies, as required
- To ensure that both verbal and written patient reports meet the NMC standards and policies regarding record keeping and confidentiality
- Responsible for, ensuring that national and local safeguarding requirements and standards e.g NICE guidelines, RCN recommendations are adhered to
- Escalate concerns and/or unresolved issues to Regional Lead Nurse
- Using technology, and training days, participate in service development by working creatively, and in partnership with Registered Nurses affiliated to other regions and branches
- To be aware and act in accordance with the NMC code of Professional Conduct
Education and training
- Deliver classroom training and 1:1 competency sign-offs for internal care staff/members e.g. PEG and enteral feeding
- Contribute to development and delivery of training and competencies sharing expertise, knowledge, and experience
- Support the on-going development of members affiliated to branches by highlighting examples of good practice as well as responding to areas where improvements are required
- Contribute to creating a learning environment which ensures professional carers develop and maintain the knowledge and skills required to provide safe high-quality care
- Contribute to developing and maintaining clinical competency frameworks in line with best practice recommendations
- Ensuring you are working in line with the most up to date knowledge and skills, as well as educational resources, to deliver clinical training to staff members. Where any known or perceived deficit exists, putting in place remedial actions and escalating concerns to the regional clinical lead and head of clinical services.
Leadership and Management
- Provide professional and operational management support to the non-registered branch staff and carers.
- Work in partnership, maintain good relationships and communicate effectively, with all branch staff members including registered nurse colleagues.
- To work in a collaborative manner with other agencies to ensure a seamless delivery of care to families
- Contribute to workforce planning, including recruitment and retention, as well as appropriate allocation of non-registered members to care for clients.
- Deputise, as required, in the absence of the Regional Lead Nurse (A/L cover etc) to provide clinical and professional expertise across the organisation including on call cover
- Take responsibility for maintaining registration and ensuring continuous professional development identified through appraisal/PDR’s.
- Ensure that ‘best practices’ are continuously maintained in delivering client care
- Develop audit skills and contribute to auditing of complex care clients and ensure that the results of the audits lead to appropriate action being undertaken by all branch staff and members to improve care.
- Contribute to the evaluation of changes introduced to clinical care.
- Ensure clinical incidents, adverse events and complaints are correctly reported, recorded, and escalated in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the investigations and responses relating to adverse events and/or complaints and ensure actions are implemented, lessons learnt and shared, and improvements to practice and services implemented
- Work alongside fellow Regional Nurses to ensure that learning is shared and disseminated throughout all branches, and that standards and practices relating to complex care are consistent
- Contribute and/or lead on policy development and maintenance surrounding complex care.
- Promote compliance with Prestige Nursing & Care policies and guidelines e.g. health and Safety, Infection prevention and control etc
- Take appropriate action to address unexpected changes and situations, escalating to Regional Lead Nurse where issues and concerns are unresolved.
- Share best practice and appropriate market intelligence with team colleagues to ensure that clients and customer expectations are met and/or exceeded
- Instil confidence across the branch network to deliver and increase complex care business.
- Create ongoing and robust partnership working with client groups.
- Attend and contribute to internal and external meetings and forums as required and necessary to carry out role.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE (D-Desirable, E-Essential)
- RN/RNLD/RMN with current NMC registration E
- Recognised teaching qualification/experience E
- Significant experience of care management, including relevant clinical experience, in the community or hospital setting with evidence of professional development E
- Evidence of developing policy, guidelines and managing resources D
- Management of risk and health and safety E
- Experience of safeguarding adults and children, procedures, and ability to implement E
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written E
- Ability to work on own initiative as well a part of a team – self-motivated E
- Coaching and mentoring skills D
- Evidence of success in leading/managing significant and sustained change D
- Effective people management skills E
- Ability to negotiate, influence, escalate and seek advice E
- Experience in interpreting and analysing data and meet deadlines D
- Excellent IT and presentation skills E
- Awareness of budgetary management and control E
- Knowledge and application of HR procedures E
- Demonstrate knowledge of the theory and application of clinical governance E
ATTRIBUTES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Ability to work autonomously and with initiative E
- Can do approach E
- Ability to work independently and within a team E
- Ability to travel to and from specified branches within a designated region E
- Car driver with current license E
- Demonstrate good leadership skills E
- Professional in manner and appearance E
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity E
- Symmetry between personal and organisational values E
- Demonstrates the behaviours associated with Prestige Nursing & Care’s values E
Location: Leicester, England