Recruitment is tough right now and due to the current challenges across the external employment market we are looking for a specialist Recruitment Advisor to join our team. You will support our hiring managers to recruit people with the right skills, knowledge and experience to ensure we are able to successful deliver the Council priorities.
We are currently working in a hybrid way, working from home the majority of the time. However there will be occasions where you will be expected to attend team days/ meetings at our office on Badminton Road, Yate.
What will you be doing?
- You will provide specialist, expert recruitment advice and guidance to managers, on the best way to fill their vacancies, ensuring high quality candidates are attracted through creative, targeted recruitment campaigns. This might be achieved using a range of methods, including social media, online job boards or our careers site.
- In line with our recruitment branding, you will write engaging and attractive job adverts and will use recruitment marketing strategies to promote the benefits of working for the Council to existing and potential staff, showing us as an employer of choice.
- It will be critical for you to understand the recruitment requirements of each team you are working with, including awareness of vacancies to enable you to fill roles as quickly and efficiently as possible, minimising agency spend where agency staff are being utilised.
- You will be part of the team that reviews and approves vacancy requests, assessing the complexity of the role and allocating it to an appropriate team member.
- You will also use your knowledge and insight to provide day to day advice and guidance to other members of the recruitment team and to hiring managers on employment and recruitment issues
- As well as working on your own recruitment, time to time you will be expected to support and contribute to the onboarding of candidates.