We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
Benefits of the Role
- Support to gain your Care Certificate and your Level 2/3 Diploma in Health & Social Care. We also offer further, fully funded training and career development opportunities, with tailored training programmes up to and including Level 6
- Variable hours and working patterns; shift-based, and working up to 35 hours, either on a flexible rota pattern and/or evening and/or weekends only
- Hourly rate of £11.18 – £11.39 with enhanced rates for Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays
- Generous mileage allowance of 45p per mile, (first 10,000 miles, and 25p per mile, thereafter)
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays (pro-rata and subject to length of service).
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) available to all employees, and their families
- Full DBS and free uniform and excellent management support
About the role
Are you looking for a rewarding career, where you can make a real difference?
The Reablement Team serving Cambridgeshire provides a life-changing service to people by helping them to live independently in their own homes. All our new Support Workers receive high quality training so previous experience or qualifications in social care are not essential. So, if you are enthusiastic and motivated, want to help the people in your community, as well as working in a role that will be full of variety and job satisfaction, being a Support Worker could be the perfect opportunity for you!
You do not need to have previous experience or qualifications in social care, as all our new Support Workers receive high quality training, which will prepare you to meet different needs and deliver the highest quality care.
What is important, is that you are passionate and motivated. Some of the skills and qualities we look for include:
- A sensitive and tactful approach with good communication and people skills
- A natural desire to help improve people’s lives
- Patience, empathy and a good sense of humour
- Reliability, dedication and a flexible approach to work
The role involves travel across Cambridgeshire, and so you will need access to a car, and have a full driving licence with business insurance
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily. Candidates will be progressed shortly after they apply, and the opportunity will be filled as soon as we identify a suitable candidate. So please don’t hesitate, we want to speak to you now! For further information please email Jessica at Recruitment.CFA@cambridgeshire.gov.uk.
A full job history is required and any gaps in employment will need to be clearly explained.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.