Salary: £34000 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
£34,000 per annum, 40 hours per week.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Assisting the factory in the preparation and delivery of successful Third-party audits (BRCGS), resolving any issues identified.
- Ensuring the Food Safety Quality Management System is fully implemented within the factory.
- Writing/Reviewing and Issuing site procedures and work-instructions and ensuring that the documents in the operation are all version controlled and current in the FSQM and aligned with both sites where possible.
- Monitoring and improving factory standards with regards to GMP and Hygiene
- Developing and leading the GMP / Site Inspections, trend, and review data to identify areas where continues improvement is required and report findings at the monthly Quality Meeting.
- Continuously working to improving factory standards and finished product quality.
- Dealing with day-to-day quality issues, conducting investigations on Out of Spec Process / Procedures, Investigating and managing the root causes of issues identified to reduce them in line with technical KPIs.
- Collaboratively working with other departments to continually raise site standards.
- Improving and updating procedures ensuring new legislation, BRCGS requirements and codes of practice are appropriately implemented.
- Championing the Food Safety Culture and a Quality Focus in the factory
- Improving site hygiene through training, cleaning method challenges, post clean inspections and sign offs.
- Leading the site HACCP team and developing a HACCP system with clearly defined quality controls for all areas and ensuring that process verifications and validations are being conducted for relevant site processes.
- Contributing to supplier review and approval through monitoring of raw material quality, raising rejections and non-conformances as required.
- Ensuring line QAs and other operations staff are effective within their areas, developing their competencies though training and mentoring.
- Attending taste panels and organoleptic assessments to monitor quality, trending the data, and reporting any trends at the Quality Meeting for action.
- Work closely with the Production Team to ensure FG are produced to the required site specification.
- Review and counter checking pack labels prior to launch to ensure they are accurate and compliant to legislation requirements.
- Stepping up in Technical Managers Absence to lead the Technical & Quality Department.
A good communicator, able to liaise confidently with management/customers and engage, motivate, and develop team members.
Ability to manage issues and raise concerns in a timely manner.
High standards of personal hygiene.
Basic mathematical skills.
Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements including attending off site meetings.
Competent in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Food Science / Technology Qualification.
- Knowledgeable in Food Manufacturing Hygiene and Safety Standards.
- Knowledge of BRCGS Food Safety Standard.
- Knowledge and experience of Good Manufacturing Standards.
- Knowledge of Food Safety Microbiology
Location: St Albans