Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the Midlands and South-West England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Quality and Systems Engineer to join our team, initially on the A391 North Devon Link Road Project located between Barnstaple and South Molton, and then within our South West of England region. This important and strategic project involves the widening of the existing carriageway into three-lane running while maintaining current traffic flow and is programmed for completion in December 2023.
In our effort to create a diverse and inclusive work environment, we welcome applicants from all ethnicity and background for this role.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager and Construction Manager you will be expected to understand and accept verbal and written instruction and be responsible for:
- The implementation and upkeep of all Quality Management Systems in respect to the Works.
- Continual development and upkeep of IMS Plan and QA/QC procedures in respect to the scheme.
- Ensuring all works are undertaken in accordance with company Health and Safety Rules and Procedures.
- The management of ITPs, NCR, Inspection/Test and Material approvals and certification.
- Monitor and ensure Sub-contractor and Supplier compliance with QA documentation and procedure.
- Interface with the Client and Client’s Representative on all quality issues.
- Ensure reporting of quality matters to the Client is maintained in accordance with contract requirements.
- Be responsible for the Document Control Register and ensure the delivery team are working with current information and plans.
- Be responsible for the development and upkeep of the Health & Safety File and as-built drawings.
Successful candidates will have previous experience within the Civil Engineering industry and, preferably, on similar highway projects. Candidates would be expected to have experience and knowledge of the following disciplines:
- Reading and understanding construction drawings and specification.
- Familiarisation of contemporary QA procedures and systems.
- Highway Works and RC Structural Concrete.
- To possess a valid CSCS & SMSTS card
Successful candidates will be given every opportunity to develop and progress their careers with a forward thinking and rapidly expanding business on future schemes across the South West region
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: Barnstaple, Devon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39518/2181