The Council plans to utilise its land and property to generate an increased commercial return and a £50m investment fund is approved to support place shaping aspirations within the South Gloucestershire Region. A Property Investment Strategy has been developed which sets out the governance, operational and financial arrangements for the Councils future purchase of land and property into a Commercial Property Fund.
As Property Investment Principal, you will develop this strategy into a delivery plan including modelling the predicted returns,reviewing exisitng assets and reviewing key aspects of this Council Plan.
What will you be doing
- In the role you will deliver on all aspects of the asset portfolio, reviewing existing assets and assist in the formulation of a comprehensive development programme including the recommendation of acquisitions and sales.
- You will support the acquisition of commercial land and property, including procuring and managing the services of qualified and experienced external property advisors retained to provide impartial advice.
- Investigating options, you will recommend and implement proposals to ensure assets within the Commercial Property Fund are managed in accordance with principles of Good Estate Management and every opportunity is taken to source added value opportunities to enhance income return and long-term value.
- As part of your role your will provide Property management of the commercial investment estate, Bristol & Bath Science Park and Kingschase shopping centre
- You will be responsible for setting targets and monitoring performance to ensure high quality standards are maintained and legislation, regulations and codes of practice are adhered to and manage Service Level Agreements.
- Managing and reviewing budgets and resources, you will ensure that agreed targets are met, there is an efficient use of Council resources and value for money is maximised.
- You will carry out reviews of assets on a regular basis and prepare reports to recommend those which are considered to have underperformed or offer little future prospect and which should be considered for disposal.
- It will be your responsibility to provide expert advice to customers and partners on major issues in specialist areas, making sure that effective customer relationships are established and maintained, advice is prompt and useful and the Council is aware of implications, risks and benefits.