At Griffiths, our people are our company. The way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work – is a core value that has driven our continued growth over the past five decades. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. We are a Welsh regional civil engineering and construction contractor with our head office based in Abergavenny. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England we construct new roads, bridges and railways as well as maintaining existing developments.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager to join our team in South West England working and managing teams on a variety of highway schemes.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Based in the South West of England, the Project Manager will report to the Operations Director and has a responsibility to ensure that the Projects are delivered on time and to budget in a safe, environmentally friendly manner and to the high quality standards set by the Operations Director. They will also:
- Promote and lead the site safety culture, ensuring that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled and safe manner, in accordance with statutory regulations, current standards, and the Company SHEQ standards
- Comply and implement the companies Business Management System procedures and guidance and promote its implementation with the Project Team
- Develop a proactive working relationship with Clients and Consultants and report any potential issues or opportunities to the Operations Director
- Familiarise themselves with all Contract Documentation and Drawings including Company Management Plans to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the Project
- Implement and address items requested by the Operations Director, and review Contract Programmes for their Schemes and inform of any improvements or concerns
- Monitor delivery of projects, identifying risk and opportunities to optimise project delivery through the development and management of a Project Risk Register for wider programme issues, ensuring that the Agents develop and manage their section/scheme specific Risk Registers for local issues
- Set and align targets in line with budget forecast, review cost/value with Commercial Manager through weekly cost meetings
- Identify and action improvements to prevent losses, maximise profitability, and report Cost/Value to the Operations Director on a Monthly basis
We are looking for a candidate ideally with previous Project Management experience within an operational environment who possesses the following skills/experience:
- Extensive experience of Civil Engineering industry particularly within Highways/ road construction
- Strong personal and organisational skills
- Strong communication and IT skills
- Good attention to detail
- To be self-motivated and be able to prioritise and manage workload
- To be responsive to the needs of internal and external customers and colleagues
- Leadership skills with a proven track record of developing team members
- Preferably a further education qualification e.g. Degree or HND/HNC (ideally relatable to Civil Engineering)
- CSCS qualification
Location: Bristol, Avon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/102/1239