Salary: £35,051 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for Substance Misuse Nurses (ISMS) .
You will deliver provide a clinical integrated drug treatment service for prisoners from the point of entry into HMP Forest Bank so that re-offending is reduced and the health and social functioning of prisoners is improved. We are looking for a qualified RGN/RMN who has up to date NMC registration.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
Why choose Sodexo?
We provide a safe and controlled working environment where you get to see the full cycle of patient care and work with a dedicated multidisciplinary team. You will have the opportunity to work independently, make your own decisions and have a family friendly work-life balance. Some of the other benefits that we offer are:
- Excellent salary – £35,051
- Free on-site parking and free meals while on duty
- Long service award
- Free learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to Sodexo Discounts – wide range of Holiday, travel and retail discounts
- Support in contributing ½ towards NMC fee’s
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays, this increases to 28 days plus 8 days bank holiday after 3 years of service. There is also the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday.
- Maternity Pay – 12 weeks full pay reducing to 12 weeks half pay and bonus after 5 years service of 4 weeks pay.
- Sick pay Full pay for 4 weeks from 3 months service increasing with service length to full pay for 12 weeks with over 5 years service.
- Shift work – 3 Long Days per week 6.30am – 8pm, 2 allocated break times per day, working 1 weekend in 3, no night shifts.
- Can specialise in Substance Misuse, RCGP courses
- Subsidised gym membership
- Triage the drug treatment needs of new arrivals/transfers and those currently in custody.
- Responsible for the holistic care of substance misusers, inclusive of wound care, administration of general & controlled meds, and nurse led clinics.
- Provide advice on a range of health and harm reduction issues to drug misusers.
- Safely promote the generic health needs of prisoners with drug misuse issues and refer on to Health Care when required.
- Provide a safe and accurate full comprehensive clinical substance misuse assessment of prisoner’s drug treatment needs in collaboration with the lead Substance Misuse GP and Recovery Services using evidence-based research.
- Safely and effectively carry out appropriate clinical and prison ACCT risk assessment regarding the prisoner’s drug treatment and mental health issues thereby implementing appropriate interventions to manage the risks.
- RGN/RMN Qualification
- Proven previous experience.
- Experience of working in the substance misuse field.
- Experience of working within a prison setting.
- Experience of working with residents.
Location: HMP Forest Bank, Salford, Manchester, England