About the role
Sense has a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our impactful Policy, Public Affairs and Research team as our Policy and Public Affairs Manager. This full time position will initially be homeworking, but will be based at our head office in King’s Cross, London, post pandemic.
This exciting new role will lead on Sense's public affairs influencing work, building on recent successes, and helping us to deliver our new organisational strategy. This will include:
- Designing and delivering our proactive engagement with Parliamentarians.
- Collaborating with the wider engagement team to raise the profile of Sense and the people we support.
- Identifying new avenues for our influencing work and maintaining effective relationships with key Parliamentarians.
- Line management of two Policy and Public Affairs advisors.
Key skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience delivering Public Affairs work for a charity, or, experience working directly with parliamentarians to achieve change.
Broad knowledge of policy development processes.
Experience of distilling complex topics and communicating them to a wide range of audiences.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Not for Profit and Charities