Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Transport for Wales, Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We’re now recruiting a railway Project Planner for Transformation of the Core Valley Lines who will be responsible Preparing/maintaining and communicating the contractual programme to meet all external and internal requirements, including progress reporting, in accordance with company policies, procedures and Railway Standards.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager for the schemes, you will be required to prepare and articulate competent P6 plans for any scale of project that comply with Company and functional procedures and standards. Key responsibilities will include:
- Engaging in a purposeful and well organised manner with other team members
- Managing personally controlled project documentation in an orderly fashion.
- Treating Health and Safety and environmental matters as primary drivers of approach.
- Drawing up a construction programme.
- Assimilating information and summarising in a manner that can be used to communicate the workscope to others.
- Defining methods and establishing outputs, in consultation with the estimator and other team members, including the supply chain in appropriate circumstances. ·
- Preparing a resourced programme, including reviewing the outcome for conformance with expectations and requirements.
- Contributing to the risk register and undertake programme risk analysis.
- Preparing visual material in support of planned methods.
- Preparing resource schedules for use at review.
- Graduate and/ or Chartered civil engineer.
- Substantial experience of a wide range of civil engineering.
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- Proficient and experienced user of Planning Software packages
- Competent user of Word and Excel
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: Pontypridd, Mid Glamorgan, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39518/2277