At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Pattern Construction, Amendments and Grading, Size Chart Creation, Sample Measuring, Developing New Methods & working with technical dept. and all cross functional teams.
• Create, Grade and Amend Pattern starting from sketch, basic block or reference sample for different style / product types in line with the design/PD/ PE requirements,
• Create and adjust basic block for new style and new shapes request by design/PD team
• Grade pattern respecting the styling details and proportions
• Create size chart for all developed styles for basic size and grading
• Able to work with different fabrics, fusing and trims
• Digitally creating patterns in Lectra & Clo 3D systems.
• Digitize paper pattern into electronic system adding all the relevant information/details
• Preparing patterns for all manufacturing processes with relevant details as: seam allowance, notches, grain line, labels, variants etc. as per requirement.
• Support sewing team through the manufacturing process, to ensure the quality standards and measurements are respected
• Work closely with Cross functional teams to create productionable and cost-effective methods
• Updating Technical Pack with relevant details such as Size Chart, Trim Sheets, Fusing Details, Seam allowances etc.
• Create templates/markers required in sampling and manufacturing processes
• Provide mocks/ toiles/testing samples and all the relevant pieces required in the development/manufacturing process.
• Support line manager and department in different projects as required by business.
- Uni graduate in Pattern cutting/Fashion or Minimum GCSE with reasonable industry experience in digital pattern cutting.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience working as as Pattern Cutter/ Engineer
- Rainwear and outwear experience is an advantage
- Experience Operating Lectra System ( Modaris ), Clo 3D or any other CAD Systems
- Flex PLM knowledge an advantage
- Strong knowledge in fit, body movement and body proportion
- Experience working with different fabrics, fusing and trims
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Castleford || INTERNAL MANUFACTURING || CASTLEFORD || n/a ||