Salary: £33,000pa – £39,000pa + great benefits
Shift hours: Part Time
Alliance in Partnership’s Schools segment have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our team. We are seeking an individual who has experience in contract catering, to work with and manage catering teams across a number of schools in or around London.
This role will focus on the leadership of the catering teams across the sites as well as liaison with Clients to build relationships and ensure an excellent service is provided. It would suit someone with a catering background and experience of managing multiple sites. You will be financially astute with strong communication and leadership skills; a good listener is essential!
You will actively manage Client relationships ensuring quality service to the children we serve. Working alongside other Operational Managers in the wider London areas you will focus on leadership and development within your sites.
This role is subject to Safer Recruitment checks and the successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS and wider checks including references and overseas checks, where applicable
- Develop and ensure a high focus on employee safety and positive client relations – ensuring that clients know you are on site and for what added value reasons.
- To conduct site service evaluations, realising action plans and implementing change required to meet the consistent standards
- To establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels in the Company and Client sites
- Participate in creation of craft and business training modules to support operational / contractual obligations
- To implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of food and personal hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- Where required, support the recruitment, interviewing, control and discipline of staff according to the needs of the Business and within the procedure laid down by the Company.
- Actively support the Business Development team via food presentations and highlighting case studies
- Be aligned with current food trends via social media, trade events to support offer development
- To take part in client meetings and understand the financial performance and be able to present new budgets, meal price adjustments etc
- To provide on/off site mobilisation and contract retention support – physical and administrative (compliance file/documentation compilation, initial food and equipment orders
- Provide on-site pro-active craft and gross margin training to minimize wastage and maximise profit
- To attend to and take all necessary action, statutory and otherwise in the event of accident, fire, loss, theft, lost property, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and complete the necessary return and/or reports
- Experience in managing a catering service across different sites
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of management
- Experience of managing and leading a team
- Passionate about food
- Ability to be flexible and pro-active in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding and ability to manage financials and drive uptake of meals on site
- IT literate
Alliance in Partnership and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Location: Remote Inner London No Fixed Place Of Work, England