About the role
Sense has an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Retail and Trading team as a Online Retail Assistant, based in Crayford. This is a part time role working 22.5 hours per week, on a 6 month fixed term basis.
Your role will be to assist the Online Manager to effectively manage the day to day running of the Online Department with the aim of achieving optimum profit by maximizing sales.
Key duties include:
- To place listings for online sales using the appropriate channel.
- To assist the Online Manager ensuring that the Online department achieves budgeted sales.
- Ensure all administrative tasks related to the effective running of the online department are accurately and fully completed at all times.
- To assist the donated stock manager in processing stock within a warehouse environment.
- To maintain a high standard of presentation, photography and written accuracy in the descriptions of items listed for sale
- To handle email and telephone enquiries from both customers and shop teams effectively and efficiently
Key skills and experience required:
- A working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Possess an interest/awareness in online selling
- Experience of working effectively on your own and as a part of a team
- Experience of dealing with customers and providing excellent customer care
- Attention to detail
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to a DBS check; level dependant on the nature of the role.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
If you require any assistance please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org