We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life.
As our customer numbers continue to grow, so does our need to hire fantastic people to serve them. Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We enable our customers to manage their money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whenever they need us, we will be there. At the moment our priority is fulfilling as many full-time shift patterns as possible. As such, we are looking for people who can commit to 37.5 hours a week (5 x 7.5 hour shifts between Monday – Sunday), usually between 8am & 8pm.
The Onboarding Periodic Review Team Member is a new position within our wider Customer Onboarding team.
The minimum starting salary for this position is £27,500, increasing with experience.
• Conduct objective, fair, thorough, and timely investigations into approved Business applications
• Establishing if Businesses are complying with Terms and conditions and relevant legislation/regulation
• Proactively identifying risks and trends; sharing findings with leadership as and when required
• Ability to interpret risk scoring and Customer Due Diligence requirements
• Establishing if Business accounts are operating within Starling’s Risk appetite
• Manage a large and varied volume of investigations effectively and efficiently
• Contacting our customers to request relevant supporting evidence and understand account activity
• Able to draw own conclusions based on relevant data and make the right decisions, considering both the business and customer outcomes
• Role would suit an individual with a Customer Onboarding, Due Diligence and/or Investigative background
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Delivering great service to our customers
• Understanding of the end to end KYC/KYB and Business onboarding processes
• Ability to balance workload and deal with multiple priorities
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
About us:You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.